REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified to BS287 / Other,
- Good maths skills,
- Good communication skills,
- Be able to use all equipment associated with fabrication (mig, tig, arc, punches, bending brake, radial arm drill and grinders),
- Fully trained on cranes and slings,
- Fully trained on manual handling.
- Flexibility and adaptability (including overtime) to achieve output targets,
- Ability to use a crane and evidence of good manual handling experience,
- Good troubleshooting skills,
- Good time keeping.
LOCALLY REQUIRED INFORMATION
- Operatives must be physically fit and able,
- Lifting: up to 50lbs; proper use of manual handling techniques required,
- Exposure to debris and noise; operator must follow safety protocol and wear protective equipment such as overalls, safety shoes, gloves, safety glasses and ear protection,
- Lubricants and coolants will be handled so caution in handling these is required.
- To fabricate items to drawing specifications supplied in sequence required,
- To order materials where required to anticipate shortfall,
- To ensure items fabricated are correct against drawings and of required quality (QA Assessment),
- To provide assistance when required for either development or maintencance fabrication work,
- To ensure all P.P.E is used to maximise extent to provide a safe environment for all,
- Provide assistance where necessary when product cannot be welded in fabrication shop,
- Good timekeeping,
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own when required,
- Be flexible and adaptable to achieve output and targets (overtime maybe required),
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the
- safety of others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times,
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.