Warehouse Operations and Logistics Manager
£40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Are you looking for a new and exciting role, working for a company who make beautiful products and are a leader in their field? Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone to take the next step forward in their career!
As Warehouse Operations, H&S and Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for leading and coaching your team to consistently achieve set KPI’s and objectives across the warehouse and logistics operation. You will be responsible for the health and safety across the organisation. Your organisation, motivation and leadership skills will be invaluable in continuing to drive the operational & financial success of the facility.
- Plan, manage and evaluate the daily, weekly and monthly activities and efficiency of the warehouse and logistics (vans, drivers, courier companies and other domestic and international delivery companies) functions to maximise performance and profitability of all operations in line with set KPIs and objectives. Regularly review performance of external providers.
- Maximise the space to maintain and improve efficiency in the warehouse at any given time.
- Work within and continuously work to improve the budgeted cost controls (in terms of controllable expenses) to ensure maximum profitability whilst protecting service. Monitor and check quality, quantity, returns and repairs, delivery times, packaging and transportation costs and invoices and take appropriate action in case of discrepancies.
- Responsible for accurate work force planning, recruitment, continuous development, coaching and training of direct reports and other warehouse employees to set standards. Create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement, constantly challenging current working practices.
- Manage the overall company inventory control including regular stock takes ensuring stock integrity at all times. Operate an up-to-date and accurate stock control system in and out of the warehouse.
- Responsible for putting in place accurate quality checks of all outgoing goods and for reducing damages to goods in transit through packaging improvements and training.
- Responsible for the security of the warehouse in all respects and ensure that the company’s policies and procedures are carried out.
- Drive optimal coordination and communication between warehouse and other departments and stores to proactive solve issues whilst ensuring the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Liaise with customer services to improve communication to ensure the courier claims process is well managed from both departments.
- Ensure that departmental processes and standard operating procedures (such as workflow instructions, job specifications, key performance indicators, health and safety guidelines) are in place, up to date, used and maintained. Ensure employees’ performance is measured against them.
- Monitor that all administration (time management, payroll, holiday and sickness, staff and third party correspondence) is carried out accurately and effectively and in line with company procedures, including all cash handling responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance of all operations with regulatory, company and health and safety standards at all times. First point of contact for Health and Safety and Fire Prevention issues.
- Ensure the warehouse maintains the highest possible standard in terms of product handling and good housekeeping, keeping stock damage to an absolute minimum.
- Attend and take part in regular operational meetings.
- Lead and take part in any additional warehouse and logistics projects as and when required.
- Be the point of contact for out of hours for Alarm Company with key-holding responsibilities.
- To manage the maintenance of the retail sites and to arrange repairs, re-fits, as necessary within agreed budgets and with agreement of Management.
- Advise the Directors and Managers of any situations that require immediate rectification and all safety, health and welfare matters, to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
- Responsible for company wide health and safety, to control and update the Safety Manual and to ensure that all Departments operate to the procedures and instructions contained there.
- Understand and ensure that the implications and duties imposed by new Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, H.S.E. Guidance Notes and Codes of Practice are brought to the attention of the Board of Directors.
- To bring company related health and safety matters to the attention of the Board of Directors when they accrue.
- Would need NEBOSH or IOSH qualifications
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 22 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.