Workshop Operative required for cutting and assembly of timber frame wall panels and floor components, you will be part of a new team working in both our client's workshop and on site
Our client's new workshop its taking shape and they need enthusiastic team members to help with the final aspects of setting up the benches, saws and storage areas. You will quickly move on to making of wall and floor components, which will include ensuring that specification, tolerances and accuracy are maintained. There will be times when you will be required, under supervision, to carry out carpentry work on one of our construction sites.
Woodworking machine training will be provided to the successful candidates and their swift but safe operation will be required in order to keep up with demand. Manual handling of heavy items is expected, so health and safety procedures must be adhered to at all times.
Workshop Operative Benefits/Hours:
- 25 days' holiday plus BH
- Ongoing training provided
- 8-4.30 Mon-Fri, 30 mins lunch and 15 mins paid break
A correct drivers license is essential - due to office location
Workshop Operative Reports to:
Workshop Operative Key Accountabilities:
- Read delivery notes to ensure correct quantities.
- Removal of joists and timber frame the lorry via the HIAB to be safely delivered to site.
- Working with paper picking list to obtain timber materials for the workshop.
- Unloading of timbers from delivery and storing in designation location.
- Read drawings accurately and efficiently.
- Use of woodworking machines to a safe working standard.
- Keep to our client's high working specification at all times during the manufacture of the timber frames.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment.
- Erecting timber frame panels on site.
- Checking and measuring at all times to make sure all items are correct.
- Work to deadlines.
- Ensure sites are well kept and left as a safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System at all times, keeping paper and electronic documentation, records and filing up to date.
- Operate with the highest regard to Health & Safety ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Other duties which may from time to time be required as requested by the Company Directors.