Timber Frame Workshop Operative
Monday- Friday 08:00-16;30
Required for cutting and assembly of timber frame wall panels and floor components, you will be part of a new team working in both our workshop and on site.
Our clients new workshop its taking shape and need enthusiastic team member to help with the final aspects of setting up the benches, saws and storage areas. You will quickly move on to making of wall and floor components, which will include ensuring that specification, tolerances and accuracy are maintained. There will be times when you will be required, under supervision, to carry out carpentry work on one of our construction sites.
Woodworking machine training will be provided to the successful candidates and their swift but safe operation will be required in order to keep up with demand. Manual handling of heavy items is expected, so health and safety procedures must be adhered to at all times.
Read drawings accurately and efficiently.
Use of woodworking machines to a safe working standard.
- Keep to our high working specification at all times during the manufacture of the timber frames.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment.
- Erecting timber frame panels on site.
- Checking and measuring at all times to make sure all items are correct.
- Work to deadlines.
- Ensure sites are well kept and left as a safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System at all times, keeping paper and electronic documentation, records and filing up to date.
- Operate with the highest regard to Health & Safety ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety policy.