Timber Frame Workshop Operative
Our well-established client based in Whitney are looking for an experienced Timber Frame Workshop Operative to add to their successful business. They are need enthusiastic team members to help with the final aspects of setting up the benches, saws and storage areas. You will quickly move on to making of wall and floor components, which will include ensuring that specification, tolerances and accuracy are maintained. There will be times when you will be required, under supervision, to carry out carpentry work on one of our construction sites
- Working with paper picking list to obtain timber materials for the workshop.
- Unloading of timbers from delivery and storing in designation location.
- Responsible for the Panel & Cassette Manufacture area.
- Responsible for Training in your key areas.
- Responsible for the H&S of yourself and others in your key area.
- Read drawings accurately and efficiently.
- Use of woodworking machines to a safe working standard.
- Always Keep to our high working specification during the manufacture of the timber frames.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment.
- Erecting timber frame panels on site.
- Checking and measuring always to make sure all items are correct.
- Work to deadlines.
- Ensure sites are well kept and left as a safe working environment.
- Always Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System, keeping paper and electronic documentation, records and filing up to date.
- Operate with the highest regard to Health & Safety ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety policy.
Woodworking machine training will be provided to the successful candidates and their swift but safe operation will be required in order to keep up with demand. Manual handling of heavy items is expected, so health and safety procedures must always be adhered to.