Test Engineers Required - Client Based on Outskirts of Swindon
£25,000 - £30,000 for graduates with 1 year experience, £30,000 - £40,000 for more experienced candidates, up to £45,000 for senior level candidates
The ideal candidate will be able to provide engineering solutions/guidance to our client's production, design and development operations.
- Electronic Engineering, ideally to Degree level or equivalent
- Automatic test equipment and programming, preferably in testing of analogue and digital integrated circuits, with a wide knowledge of different ASIC types / families and volume production implementations
- Develop and monitor appropriate Test solutions in conjunction with the Product Support Group and / or Designers to ensure product quality while maximising throughput and yields
TEST ENGINEER ROLE SPECIFIC
- Provide technical leadership, training and general advice for Engineers within the department.
- Be capable of referencing ASIC design documentation to create test specifications and schedules to ensure product quality.
- Propose new and innovative test methods to reduce Cost of Test and carry out feasibility studies required for introduction and qualification of measurements, test tooling, equipment & programming.
- Write and debug test programs in multiple coding formats for product measurement and test equipment utilised in high volume production, taking into account ATE specifications / limitations while maximising multi-site testing possibilities.
- In conjunction with Project managers, drive and co-ordinate the completion of the test development stage to full implementation of volume production.
- Design, layout, manufacture and populate circuit boards and related mechanical / electrical hardware.
- Identify appropriate ATE for all aspects ASIC testing from initial debugging to fully capable high volume multi-temperature requirements at both wafer and package level.
- Provide documentation for project files in accordance with the Quality and HSE procedures & instructions in place.
- In conjunction with ASIC Design Engineers provide evaluation / characterisation analysis.
- Advise and support Test Maintenance Engineering when required.
- Evaluate and report on customer returns in conjunction with Quality department and Failure analysis staff.
- If required, be available for operation of Production Testing Equipment and manual testing of product / customer samples etc.
- Be available for the interview process and selection of new team members
TEST ENGINEER ROLE GENERIC
- Play a major technical role in the overall company/team/departmental strategy.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations and developments.
- Ensure compliance at all times with company and statutory requirements.
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of the team and work effectively as a team member to ensure continuous improvement.
- Meet performance measures and Key Performance Indicators set for you and your team.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with members of your team and other parts of the business.
- Participate in training opportunities.
TEST ENGINEER GENERAL
- Demonstrate and promote values in behaviours and actions.
- Produce and promote the highest standard of work possible in accordance with the company’s TS16949, OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, IIP, Sarbanes Oxley, Lean / 6s standards and any other standards that the company adheres to.
- Work as a member of a team helping to implement, carry out and drive compliance of all company working practices and Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Comply with all Sarbox controls throughout the organisation and understand and meet the key controls that are directly related to your day to day functions
- Develop, review, update, manage and ensure compliance with Sarbox documentation.
- Address and report all remediation action and co-operate with all Sarbox auditing activities.
- Carry out any other function necessary for the smooth running of the Department.