Systems and Support Engineer
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Systems and Support Engineer to join their team in High Wycombe.
- Provides technical support and guidance to users.
- Offer support to other departments, as needed.
- Document internal processes, policies & develop training for colleagues & end-users
- Protect company assets, company data and employee data with professional discretion.
- Assist in implementing and management of all systems, applications, security and network configurations.
- Assist in supporting, maintaining and monitoring internal and external networks.
- Assist with resolving performance issues and assist with establishing a disaster recovery plan.
- Handle technical issues and major incidents through hands-on troubleshooting
- Uses knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks.
- Recommend upgrades, patches and new applications and equipment.
- Installs patches and perform system backups and recovery
- Monitor system configuration and maintain data files.
- Assess system requirements and ensure that system can be integrated with existing applications.
- Able to travel to cover IT support when required
- Work flexible hours to perform out of hours duties when necessary
What our client is looking for
- Degree, or equivalent, in Information Technology related field
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Active Directory administration
- Networking (TCP/IP, switches, routers, firewalls)
- MS Windows 10, Server OS and Office365
- Strong troubleshooting and fault finding
Desired Skills / Knowledge
- Group Policy administration
- Working in an ITIL\ISO27001 environment
- MS SQL Server administration
- Citrix XenApp
- Linux Administration
- Software Deployment
- Active Directory Architecture
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 22 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.