£20,045 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Stores Person, for our growing client based just outside of Cirencester.
Stores Person Objective:
The position is as a member of the Stores Team predominately working in goods receiving department and rack storage area. You will be responsible for the unloading of all vehicles and overseeing deliveries made by suppliers, freight forwarders and courier companies. Diligently checking the delivery paper work matches the goods received and escalating queries to relevant internal departments. Accurately booking product into the in house system in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for the storage and picking of raw materials and delivering product to internal work-shops as and when required. Stock put-away and maintenance in stores and in the outside storage area will also be a key part of the role.
Stores Person Required Skills / Education / Qualifications:
- Good numeracy and written skills (ideally 5 or greater, GCSE at grade C or above)
- Ability and confidence to use a computerized operating system to determine actions and requirements
- Current counterbalance forklift licence
- Preferably a current Bendi licence
- Experience in working in a fast moving Stores environment,
- Ability to use a crane
- A flexible approach to task and time management
- Operation of Kardex machines (training to be provided if required)
The individual will be dynamic and self motivated, able to work well in a team and flexible to undertake a range of duties as required.
Stores Person Duties / Responsibilities:
- Handling large castings and parts. Cranes are available but parts require moving into position and slings applied
- Use of manual pallet trucks with heavy loads
- Significant walking
- Computer terminal interrogation requires dexterity on keyboard use
The individual will principally work in the Goods Receiving and Stores workshop areas. Pallets and product are unloaded from vehicles, placed on racking and on the floor areas. Caution is needed when moving around for the protection of the individual and other staff members. The incumbent must be physically fit as the position involves:
- To check goods in against Delivery Notes for accuracy and damages
- To enter the Delivery Notes onto the Company system promptly and accurately,matching the correct Purchase Order Number
- Notify the relevant Department via the Delivery Note of any short shipments/mispicks
- Notify relevant Department of any damaged goods received and place in the Quarantine section, awaiting further instruction
- Assist when required with the physical movement of stock from the Goods In area to the warehouse and/or packing and putting away stock
- Ensure all stock movements are accurately recorded
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person
In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required.