£30,000 Per Annum + Commission
Our client are looking for a Sales Manager to achieve service volumes and profit objectives through motivating and developing the service team to be fully competent in their job roles.To manage all service processes and to ensure all customers receive excellent customer service.
- Maintain standards of performance of the service team through effective coaching and performance management. To ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the Service Department.
- To maximise departmental performance in line with market potentials through the sale of labour, parts and materials.
- To control resources at a level commensurate with profit requirements.
- Recruit and select the service team members in line with organisational and franchise requirements.
- To control, supervise and educate all department staff in the proper use of equipment and resources.
- Maintain high levels of customer service standards and ensure understanding and adherence to the requirements of Brand service requirements and customer satisfaction indicators within the franchise. Dealing with customers requirements for service and vehicle repairs in an efficient and courteous manner to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To ensure customers requirements are fully understood and communication in a effective manner to other members of the team.
- Ensure sufficient resources are available to meet servicing requirements and regularly review key operating controls (labour efficiency, labour sales, cost of sales) so that they are in line with franchise and Company operating requirements.
- Maximise commercial opportunities through developing and implementing campaigns within specific market sectors
- Monitor and evaluate customer needs and competitor activity in the market, ensuring that service marketing campaigns are relevant and targeted.
- Ensure all service processes meet multi franchise requirements and that they are implemented in a consistent manner.
- Regularly communicate and interact with members of other departments to develop the business and the each of the franchises’ team ethos.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment, ensuring staff comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- To plan the optimum utilisation of the workshop capacity.
- Ensure compliance with SSQMS requirements through implementation of Quality Management programmes.
- Develop annual training plans for aftersales staff and regularly reviews progress.
- To carry out recall programs and procedures as per manufacturers guidelines and recommendations.
- Ensure timely submission and reconciliation of warranty claims in line with each individual franchise requirements. Accurate submission of warranty and goodwill claims on a daily basis and monitor warranty reports.
- Implement processes that support the MSR (Manufacturer supported Repair) process.
- Produce, in conjunction with Area Manager, a MITAC plan and ensure accurate submission of composite information.
- Intellectually aware of and has a belief in the value of the human asset to current and future business success. Has the skills to draw the best performance from the people (s)he manages and / or interacts with, in a manner that builds relationships and team spirit.
Consumer and Market Focus
- Prioritises the need to have an understanding of the relevant consumer and local market influences. Possesses an energy and genuine regard for the importance of the customer to the sustainability of the business and the Brand and ensures procedures and attitudes are in place throughout their area of responsibility to deliver excellent levels of service.
Business and Commercial Know-How
- Effectively analyses and interprets all types of commercial data, in order to accurately diagnose and put in place appropriate solutions to ensure business success and growth. Has the ability to anticipate and act proactively as well as responsively.
- Possesses the personal impact and stature of a professional business person. Has the essential skills to make an impact with a range of people and possess a level of self-awareness that enables them to adapt their style to suit different requirements.
- Knowledgeable of and aligned to the Brand, acting as trustworthy ambassador in the eyes of the customer, staff and peers. Runs their area of responsibility in a manner that honours the Brand values and supports Company strategy in all that it does.
Customer Service and Satisfaction
- To Improve the quality of customer service and retention through enhancing facilities, improving personnel skills, and through achieving the highest standards of workmanship.
- To ensure that all customers queries and complaints are dealt with promptly, courteously and sympathetically and to maintain an accurate written record of all complaints and actions taken to restore customer satisfaction and ensure the same type of complaint does not reoccur
- Ensure the Service Department achieves budget objectives by continual examination of operating controls and composite figures in order to initiate improvements and corrective action where necessary.
- To maximise the efficiency of the departments by closely measuring and monitoring Labour efficiency, productivity and utilisation.
- Ensure all materials purchased are controlled and sold in line with company pricing policies
- To ensure all materials purchased are controlled and sold in line with company pricing.
- To ensure customer awareness of all products and serving available.
- To sell additional products and services in a professional manner.
- To implement and monitor company and manufacturer Aftersales promotions.
- To develop personal knowledge and experience through available resources in order to improve efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- To cultivate business relationships.
- To ensure effective maximization of working loading
- To maintain cost effective control of departmental expenses in line with budget objectives.
- To analyse workshop productivity records to ensure effective labour utilisation.
- Monitor all outstanding debts to ensure prompt collection.
- To evaluate the departments training requirements in order to provide the necessary levels of skill, job satisfaction and development of personnel.
- To ensure all cash sales are charged and all monies are collected on completion of work, present invoices to customers providing an explanation of charges and ensure the correct methods of payments are used.
- Complete repair orders and inform customers of additional repairs required including costs and delivery dates. Obtain customer authority prior to ordering major units and obtain suitable deposits.
Limits of Authority
- Recruitment and dismissal of all departmental staff in line with company policy only with the permission of the Operations Director and HR Director.
- Authority to purchase stock, consumables. Short life tools and other service related products up to the amount agreed with the Operations Director or MD.
- Authorised to receive and sign for goods on behalf of the Company.
- Aftersales courtesy vehicles to be granted to customers subject to availability and company requirements including copy of customers driving licence.
- Warranty repairs to be authorised after inspection.
- To carry out a regular review of the Service Department pricing policies, labour rates, fleet and goodwill expenditure.
- Monitor workshop productive performance daily by total and individual technicians.
- Ensure work in progress does not exceed agreed levels at the month end.
- Monitor Service Department performance monthly and report to Operations Director.
- To main an effective liaison with all departmental mangers and staff.
- Advise the Operations Director on all related matters including customers complaints.
- Maintain direct relationships with manufacturer, manufacturer representatives, suppliers and statutory representatives.
- To advise customers and other departments on mechanical and diagnostic problems and issues.
- Regularly update staff on the department. Warranty and recall matters
Training And Qualifications
- The necessary technical skills, knowledge and experience of the Retail Motor Industry.
- The ability to control administration, organizational systems and financial matters. Strong leadership qualities.
- Up to date product and vehicle legislation knowledge, consumer legislation and retail motor industry practices.
- Dress code to company standards ref hand book.
- Strong understanding of customer expectations and manufactures standards requirements.
- Skills, knowledge and experience of modern business methods and awareness of the importance of tight financial control.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 21 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.