Role: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: North Birmingham
Salary banding: £45,000- 60,000 + Company Car
Experience: 5+ years
The company are one of the UK’s leading engineering business’ that prides itself on its innovative nature and use of the latest equipment and technology. Their building Services projects are within a range of sectors such as Healthcare, Leisure, Education, Industrial, Commercial, Defense and more.
They invest in their employees by offering training and support which in turn has made the company what they are today.
The job role
As a Quantity Surveyor, your role will require you to work on a wide range of projects throughout the UK.
- You will be involved; procurement and costing and agreements of variations to contracts whilst maximising profit.
- Additionally, your role will require you to supervise and control the works of any junior or external Quantity Surveyors the company may employ from time to time
- Understanding and negotiation of contract terms for projects and specific risks prior to any agreement of contract / amendments and ensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project.
- Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations throughout the project in order to mitigate and protect from risk.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of applications for payment or invoices on time with appropriate substantiation of CE’s / Variations
- Ensure appropriate subcontract documentation is produced and issued in line with company procedures and manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement
- The ideal Quantity Surveyor will have a good understanding of M&E systems and installations with 5 years’ experience of working in a similar role.
- Someone with Building Services knowledge and experience of working on projects in different sectors would be ideal.
- Other qualities preferred but not essential are a BSc in Quantity Surveying, member of RICS and hold IOSH Managing Safely and CDM Awareness certificates.
- Pension Contribution
- Company Car
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 22 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment. com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!