Our client is seeking the assistance of an ambitious, talented individual who wants to play an important part in the success of their construction team and the firm. The Construction team is an integral part of the Commercial Property Department. The Department is highly integrated, comprising four commercial property teams, and nearly 50 fee earners, across our 5 offices.
Purpose of the role
The right person will help grow the construction law team whose established reputation is as follows;
- Typically acting for the party procuring construction (developer or owner), but with work also being undertaken for specialist contractors and construction consultants.
- To advise on risk reduction and resolving complicated disputes, with significant experience of dealing with formal dispute processes, including adjudication, litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Recognised for construction procurement advice to clients undertaking developments in identified sectors and business lines: student accommodation, retail, healthcare, leisure, banks, utility companies and corporate occupiers
- Pricing flexibility ensuring we deliver cost effective services and provide pricing options and flexibility for clients
- Supervising the non-contentious work of the junior solicitors in the team
- Working closely and supportively with other senior members of the construction team to deliver on the team’s business plan, and to grow and develop both the team’s non-contentious and contentious construction work by undertaking specific and focussed business development activities
- Working with the construction team, the Commercial Property department and the wider firm in the creation of opportunities for the team and other specialist areas and sectors in the firm
- A proven track record, preferably someone who is already a partner or aspiring partner with a minimum 6 years+ PQE with full hearted commitment to Construction Law
- Excellent technical ability and sound knowledge of the construction, engineering and property industries general requirements and dealing with procurement issues, standard and bespoke forms of construction and engineering contracts, and security-related documentation
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to network and a desire to build contacts and broaden the client and work base for the team
- Enthusiasm to travel between the firm’s offices, to client's places of business and those of other parties as is sensibly required and appropriate
- Enhanced Pension plan
- Private healthcare plan for candidate- can be extended to family for additional payment
- Career progression and training
- Friendly, professional no office, open plan setting
Full detailed job spec can be sent upon being submitted to client for review
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 20 years.
We Strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate's requirements to ensure we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit Jackiekerrrecruitment.com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we will always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!