We are looking for 3 temporary Fitters, who are able to work in an efficient manner as well as work as apart of a flexible team to ensure overall build schedule is achieved. You will be building pumps and pump sets accurate to the drawing and fitting notes, making decisions related to quality of product.
- Build pumps and pump sets ensuring the build is to the highest standard of quality achieving tolerances and testing parameters,
- Achievement of the build schedule timescales agreed with the Production Supervisor,
- At all times work constructively within the Final Fitting Shop team to identify and progress problems impacting the product build or schedule,
- To ensure all PPE is used to maximise extent to provide a safe environment for all,
- Provide assistance where necessary when product cannot be welded in fabrication shop,
- Good timekeeping, Ability to work as part of a team and on own when required,
- Be flexible and adaptable to achieve output and targets (overtime maybe required),
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company ensuring the safety of yourself and the safety of others that could be affected by your acts or omissions at all times,
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
Qualified to City and Guild / NVQ level 3 standard on Mechanical Engineering / Fitting,
- Ability to identify problems and resolve at a high technical level,
- Ability to hydraulically / duty test pump sets would be an added advantage but not essential.
- Technical – build from a set of drawings,
- Flexible, • Conscientious / Time keeping,
- Ability to use both craines and slings.
Key attributes of the physical requirements of the position:
- Move pallets using a manual pallet truck (pulling weight up to 900 kgs).
- Stack and relocate empty pallets & collars to designated areas,
- Place slings around pump which involves bending, stretching and reaching,
- Use of a crane to move items on and off workbench,
- Cleaning components using a wire brush, deburrer and solvents (moderately strenuous),
- Carry bearings to bearing heater (up to 5 kgs),
- Build pump from a set of loose components which include metal castings,
- Standing at a workbench to build product (all day),
- Bending and lifting smaller components out of pallets,
- Use of spanners, wrenches and air operated equipment,
- Manually torque to 120 ft lbs (strenuous),
- Carry nuts and bolts from the Just In Time work bins,
- Use of brushes / brooms to clean work area on a daily basis,
- Lifting: up to 50 lbs; proper use of manual handling techniques required.
In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required.