On-Site Service Engineer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Service Technician to join their team on a full time, permanent basis to be based at one of their Customer Sites.
Service Engineer main responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electric overhead travelling cranes.
- Trouble- shooting equipment malfunctions.
- Consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues.
- Generating sales leads during service call.
- Completing appropriate documentation.
The ideal candidate:
- You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines.
- Engineering experience: Electrical: 415v ac 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor. A good understanding of 110/48 volt relay and contactor circuits. Some frequency speed control device experience. Mechanical: Medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.
- Knowledge of the above tasks and the associated risks when working at height.
- Experience with overhead cranes and hoists is preferred, full product training will be given.
- Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
- Proven commitment to safety
- You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
- Willingness to work extra hours
- Hold a current driving licence
Service Engineer Working Pattern:
- Week 1 - 2 nights (9pm – 6.30am) Saturday 7am-4.30pm & Sunday 7am – 4.30pm
- Week 2 – 2 nights (9pm – 6.30am) Saturday 7am-4.30pm & Sunday 7am – 4.30pm
- Week 3 – 2 nights (9pm – 6.30am) Saturday 7am-4.30pm & Sunday 7am – 4.30pm
- Week 4 – 4 nights (9pm – 6.30am) No weekend
What our client offer:
Our client is committed to the personal development of all employees and can proudly confirm that these positions include a host of benefits. A Company van with satellite navigation, corporate clothing and mobile telephone are provided. An attractive remuneration/benefits package is offered including a good base salary (dependent upon skills and experience ), contributory pension, sales bonus scheme, life assurance scheme, specialised training on high quality products, provision of all equipment and PPE along with excellent company working practices and industry leading training programme.