£20,000 - £25,000
The Legal Secretary role will involve:
- Audio typing and copy typing of letters, attendance notes, drafting bills
- Preparation of legal documents to include Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and tax forms
- Maintaining computerised estate accounts
- Administration tasks such as filing, opening/closing files, making appointments, taking telephone calls, and keeping the diary up to date
- May be required to assist in conveyancing department and on reception from time to time, to include holiday cover
The Legal Secretary must have excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation; ability to work accurately and maintain absolute confidentiality; a good telephone manner; have the ability to work well under pressure, adapt, learn and improve and also work well with others; must have the ability to manage your own workload and be proactive when helping the team.
The Legal Secretary must have experience with using Word, Excel and other relevant computer programs. Audio typing 50 wpm. Secretarial/legal secretarial experience desirable but not essential.
An audio typing test and an Excel task will be given to the Legal Secretary.