£15-22 per hour
Monday - Friday
Our well-established client based in Hinckley are looking to recruit a Wiring Technician/ Harness Builder on a contract basis, due to expansion.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Manufacture of motorsport and automotive electrical harnesses
• Build of LV/HV assemblies and enclosures
• Perform end of line harness test procedures such as continuity, isolation and resistive tests
• Manage BOM’s and procurement of parts
• Work with our clients to provide onsite support where required
• Harness diagnostics and fault finding
• Interfacing with in house engineering team as required to support harness and electrical system design development.
• Maintain workshop records and drawings
Education and Work Experience Requirements
• Min requirement: GCSE/BTEC Diploma or equivalent occupational experience
• Must have min 2 years relevant automotive, motorsport or aerospace experience in harness manufacture.
• A good understanding of best working practices
• Ability to manufacture complex wiring harnesses from manufacturing drawings
• A basic understanding of electrical schematics and harness manufacturing drawings
• Basic knowledge of common connector systems, wire types and sleeving methods.
• Knowledge of and experience of working to automotive and/or motorsport wiring standards
• Have a professional attitude and ability to talk with clients while working on customer sites
• Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Strong working knowledge of Raychem system 25 standards and processes
• Experience of working in high end motorsport organisations.
• Electrical or engineering background is an advantage
• Previous experience of harness design/drawing software is welcomed