38 hours a week
£250-£300 Per day
Our well established client based in Lachlade is looking for a Financial Controller to join their team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation of the Extended Trial Balance in line with the UK accounting principles and the drafting of statutory accounts .
- Responsible for preparation and submission of consolidated VAT returns for multiple entities.
- Responsible for EC Sales List
- Treasury management of the site including hedging, cash pooling, relevant currency accounting and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and submit corporation tax packs for Actuals, forecasts, and Budget
- Ensure timely processing of Fixed Asset, Treasury, Intercompany and other accounting activities.
- Responsible for DOA, SOX documentation, audits & gap closure within the site. Ensuring adequate audit preparation and timely responses, no major or repeat gaps and active follow-up and on-time closure of any identified gaps.
- Close coordination with Global Financial Shared Services (GFSS) to ensure efficient and timely processing of transactions including preparing bank reconciliation at closing.
- To work with Shared Services and Operations to ensure the Intercompany netting and reconciliations for the companies on site are agreed and reported on a timely basis.
- Participate in month-end closing activities including preparation of journal entries and use of One Stream to report financial statements for consolidation.
- Ensure appropriate and timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and ensure follow-up of any reconciling or adjusting items.
- Work closely with Operations team to ensure accurate & consistent mapping of local ledger accounts to One Stream.
- Support internal audit program by participating in balance sheet and SOX audits
- Work closely with Accounting & Compliance leader and team members; key contact for all audit activities of Internal and External auditors.
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required to meet the varying demands of the business.
Must have :
- Relevant statutory accounts and tax experience and qualified or passed finalist ACA, ACCA
- Experience of FRS102 / FRS101.
- Experience of drafting statutory accounts.
- Experience of preparing VAT returns, EC Sales list, intrastat and Corporation tax calculations
- Experience of design and operation of internal controls over financial reporting
- Experience in US GAAP
- Experience in a shared service environment
- Have experience of compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Follow all ESH policies and procedures
Own transport required due to location.