£18,000 - £24,000 Per Annum
Through new and innovative developments in hardware, software, opto-mechanical design and material engineering, our client is able to deliver solutions and support for a radically new type of intuitive freeform touch Interface that is differentiated in terms of not only functionality, but also beauty, robustness, time to market and affordability.
This is the chance to join and contribute to an exciting new start-up company set to be a driving force in the world of embedded touch screens for Automotive, Smart Home & IoT applications and beyond.
Engineering Technician Summary:
Working as part of a close-knit team, you will be working on electronic and mechanical assemblies to support customer and product demonstrators of our client’s technology.
This will involve aspects of:
- Electronics testing.
- Mechanical layout and assembly.
- PCB layout.
- 3D design and printing.
This role has a large development potential for the right candidate, who is keen to learn and motivated to seize the opportunity for increasing their development in the field of electronics, robotics and software.
Engineering Technician Responsibilities:
The core responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the electronics and hardware teams to both produce and test electronic assemblies needed for internal development and for customer and technology demonstrators.
- Work closely with the hardware teams to design and produce 3D parts needed both internally and for demonstration units.
- Work with the electronics engineers to learn and develop their PCB layout skills
- Communicate effectively with team lead and team members both orally and through written communication.
Experience required in some or all of the following:
- Have a minimum of BTEC level 3 or equivalent in electronics engineering.
- Have an experience of using mechanical tools (drills etc.) and assembly techniques.
- Have a familiarity with using personal computers and using typical software packages.
Engineering Technician Personal Qualities:
- Must be a team-player with the ability to work autonomously under some supervision.
- Happy to work in a small team against challenging deadlines.
Engineering Technician Remuneration:
- Salary range of £18K - £24K.
- Generous company pension scheme.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 22 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment. com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!