Commercial Insurance Consultant
£25,000 - £30,000- depending on experience/qualifications
Our client are one of the UK's largest independent insurance groups and have been established for over 50 years. We are looking to recruit a professional, ambitious, career-minded individual to join their successful and friendly team. The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, with an enthusiastic sales ability and work in a fast-paced environment
- Deal confidently with clients face-to-face and over the telephone
- Be self-motivated and highly driven
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a sales environment
- To be an outstanding consultant, exceed client expectations and help deliver our client's mission statement: "To be the public’s choice for insurance, the insurer’s broker of choice, and to be a great place to work where people can flourish"
Develop positive, trusting and friendly relationships with clients, making our client their choice for insurance, and to recommend our client to their colleagues, and other local companies by:
- Taking the appropriate time to understand client’s needs
- Making outbound B2B sales calls
- Responding quickly and effectively to requests
- Collecting all relevant information positively and with certainty
- Providing the right advice in a manner that can be clearly understood
- Arranging cover as agreed with the client
- Striving to deliver an exceptional level of client care
- Doing what you said you would and at the time you agreed with the client
- Constructively identifying other insurance requirements to better serve the client
- Grow the Commercial Insurance desk, with the view to manage a team
Make our client number one broker of choice for insurers by being professional at all times, providing accurate and timely communications, and only placing risks with them that are desirable and appropriate.
Continually develop own knowledge of the insurance industry, maintaining an up to date knowledge of the market, Client policies and procedures, and the legal and regulatory framework in which our client operate, and ensuring that all work is conducted properly and in accordance with these provisions.
Constantly identify new ways to raise performance including agreeing a broadening personal self-development plan.
Champion great teamwork by helping others in the branch, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of branch efficiencies and performance, and finding ways to contribute to the smooth running of the branch.
Developing a close working relationship with colleagues located at other branches and understanding the need for specialist branches and when an enquiry should be referred to them.
Key Performance Indicators
- Great client feedback: consistent positive outcomes
- Strong individual and branch performance
- Client retention and tenure
- New business development
- Ability and desire to help others
- Certificate in Insurance qualification and strive for continuous learning
- Compliance results
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Products sold by our client including features and benefits
- End-to-end insurance process
- Legal and regulatory requirements for example (but not limited to); client terms of business, compliant sales cycle, treating customers fairly, data protection, money laundering, Bribery Act, Contract Certainty, employment legislation, e.g. discrimination & anti-bullying, Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, staying up to date with FCA regulation changes
- Market and industry knowledge - new developments in the industry
- Client policies, procedures and systems
- Branch housekeeping including branch appearance, quality of note taking/documentation, and efficiencies, e.g. use of computer system, keeping up to date with diaries, management of client records
Hours : 8:30 - 5:00 - Monday to Friday, 8:30 - 12:30 - Saturday.