CNC Programmer (Turning)
Salary circa £35,000 per annum
The primary role of this position is to ensure that all aspects related to the CNC Turning Area are dealt with & controlled in a safe, effective & efficient manner & to provide the company with effective support within the CNC Turning Area.
This position will be on double day shifts.
As a CNC Turner you will report directly to the Area Team Leader.
Following are a list of the main and most important duties and responsibilities, these are not exhaustive and you will be required to have a flexible approach as you may be requested to assist/carry out other tasks and duties in other areas as and when the need arises:
1. To fully support the CNC turning area in ensuring the safe and efficient running of CNC turning machine centres.
2. To Program, Set and Operate the company’s multi-axis CNC turning Machine
3. To generate new programs and/or amend/modify existing programs as per drawing requirements.
4. To ensure that adequate training and on-going support is given/provided to all CNC Minders.
5. In conjunction with the Team Leader, to be responsible for all other CNC Minders to ensure that they work to and perform the normal/expected CNC Minder duties safely and efficiently.
6. Responsibility for First-Off and on-going production Quality checks and requirements.
7. Responsibility for and to ensure that all tooling and equipment is available and maintained at all times.
8. The movement, administration and identification of product between areas.
9. The general housekeeping of the machines and all surrounding areas.
10. Provide support and cover when and where necessary within other areas of the company.