- To apply CNC programming expertise to deliver optimum quality as efficiently as possible and on time.
- Assist in the development of SOP’s and CNC programming library to improve procedures, waste management and accessibility of standard programmes and guidance.
CNC Miller Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Project preparation: Interpretation of Drawings
- Reading and interpretation of technical drawings and liaison with design engineering to clarify requirements where necessary
2. Programming CNC Machines:
- Selection of programmes from server relevant to scheduled project specifications
- Loading programmes onto CNC machines
3. Tooling Set-up:
- Identification of tooling requirements suitable to product specifications
- Mill components as required using manual or CNC machines as appropriate
- Distribution of part-finished components to relevant departments for intermediate steps in the process.
- Tracking projects and monitoring programmes to ensure compliance to specifications.
5. Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Inspection of Milling projects at each stage of the process to ensure compliance with specifications and design tolerances
- Fault Finding in programmes and programming to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Identification of process improvements and alternative methods to reduce standard operating times
- Development, recording and amendment of Standard operating procedures for CNC programming, tooling set-up and fault finding analysis.
6. Health & Safety
- Strict observance of health and safety regulations and SOP’s with regard to machine operating and materials handling
CNC Miller Knowledge and Experience:
1. Qualification by experience and training in CNC programming and Milling
2. Ability to read and interpret technical drawings to ensure compliance with product specifications
3. Knowledge of CNC Programming and tooling to be able to select relevant resources for scheduled product specifications
4. Understanding of company products and their application
5. Attention to detail
6. Numeracy for preparation of machine set-up, reading drawings and
7. Computer literacy for word processing for report writing and record keeping and systems access for CNC programmes using “Pathtrace”