up to £13.00PH
As an experienced Cable Technician, you will be working within a team working on cable assemblies and looms working to AS9100 Standard and will have experience within the Aerospace industry.
- Follow manufacturing drawings, process control documents and Codes of Practice, Quality, Safety, General standards and Company Procedures.
- Visually and electrically inspect and test wiring harnesses and cable assemblies when required
- Build prototype harnesses and cable assembly as required.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of processes, procedures and quality within the department.
- Working closely with our Engineering department and assembly teams
- You must have previous experience in wire harness/ loom building, connector assembly, and cable preparation, wire stripping and laying, braid, tubing, backshells and marker sleeves.
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams and schematics
- Experience of soldering (preferably fine soldering) and crimp contacts.
- A good understanding of cable assembly products, their performance, features, benefits and limitations.
- Knowledge and trained to IPC/WHMA-A-620 would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledgeable of quality control procedures, techniques and test methods required in the manufacture of military standard wiring harnesses.
- A practical hands-on approach, with good concentration and attention to detail.
- Show initiative and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Be prepared to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge.
- Technical by nature whilst having a logical methodical approach to the given task.
- Be an effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- A willingness to get involved and be happy to move between production departments on occasions is also vital to success in this role.