Monday - Friday
Our well-established client is looking to Factory Operative on a temporary basis, to join their busy team based in Oxfordshire
- Manual handling of timber frame components and associated materials.
- Safe operation of machinery to cut and process materials.
- Assembly of timber frame wall panels, floor cassettes and roof cassettes.
- Preparation and installation of a range of insulation materials including our specially developed hemp-lime insulation.
- Application of airtightness and waterproof membranes to completed assemblies.
- Installation of windows and rooflights.
- Completion of quality checks and associated paperwork at relevant stages within the manufacturing process.
- Preparation of completed assemblies and ancillary materials for transport to site
- Periodic site work
- Contribution to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Adherence to Health and Safety Protocols.
- Adhere to health and safety protocols relating to the task you are performing.
- Undertake training as necessary to ensure you are proficient in the processes you are performing and understand the procedures necessary to avoid any health and safety risks.
- Interpret manufacturing drawings to obtain the necessary details required to complete the various stages of the manufacturing process.
- Follow procedures as prescribed by the relevant Method Statements and Risk Assessments to safely operate equipment and machinery for the preparation and assembly of components that form part of the final product.
- Ensure all components are assembled to agreed quality standards.
- Undertake quality checks at various stages of the manufacturing process and completion of associated paperwork.
- Carryout necessary quality checks of materials prior to use.
- Work efficiently and as part of a team to achieve 100% on time in full delivery of finished goods to the client.
- Optimise the use of materials to minimise waste.
- Contribute and assist with continuous improvement activities.
- When necessary carry out carpentry work on one of our construction sites.
- Ensure work areas a kept tidy and free from any health and safety risks.
- Report any health and safety concerns to your line manager i.e. faulty equipment, PPE, unsafe practices.
- Ensure PPE is used and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of timber frame construction and materials.
- Knowledge of associated machinery and production methods
- Carpentry Skills
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Full driving license essential.