Architectural Designer £38-45,000 dependant on experience
The Architectural Designer is responsible for supporting the technical problem solving and architectural design for structure, low carbon homes. Working with the wider design team the AD will contribute to the delivery of a fully coordinated package of technical drawings, information and specifications for each project.
- Produce details working drawing packages using AutoCAD CAD design software, supporting the efficient delivery of designated structure, low carbon homes
- Technical problem solving – resolution of engineering, material, detailing and building performance queries by suitable investigation, discussion and clear communication of outcome.
- Support design liaison between the clients and their professional team, the business, consultants, sub-contractors, approval bodies etc.
- Contribute to scheme design–from first principles– using freehand and CAD skills.
- Architectural materials specification enquiries, take off and scheduling including the identification of key lead-times for critical components.
- Planning & programming– ability to manage multiple projects and reliably hit deadlines and project milestones.
- Provide support to the wider business when requested.
- Communication – liaise with internal & external key stakeholders to ensure timely information flow, clarity of delivery from consultants and subcontractors and appropriate engagement with site and factory based parties.
- Quality control – to check – as part of an ongoing quality control process – other design team members and consultants work.
- CDM– ensure consideration of safety and build-ability is integral to the design process, that risks are designed out wherever possible and that residual hazards are effectively communicated to key stakeholders and site based teams.
- Site liaison– telephone support visits and meeting attendances to review progress, discuss design and detailing aspects, resolve issues and liaise with team and client’s agents.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System always, keeping paper and electronic documentation, records and filing up to date.
- Operate with the highest regard to Health & Safety ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Other duties which may from time to time be required as requested by the Company Directors.
The above tasks will change as the Company develops however, the key tasks should remain core to this post.
- Design Team, Sales and Estimating teams
- Construction team and external consultants and sub-contractors
- Client/clients professional team
- Approval bodies (Planning, building control, warranty providers etc.)
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 21 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirements to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment. com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!