Advertising Sales Manager
Up to £30,000 Per Annum
This is an opportunity to take a Senior role working on an exciting brand at a leading media company in the South West. We’re looking for a great team leader and revenue generator.
The principle responsibilities for anyone working in advertising sales are to:
• Contribute to your title(s) hitting their targets
• Take personal responsibility for managing your client base to grow the revenue we derive from them
• Represent our Client in a professional and ethical manner to ensure long term relationships that benefit both the company and our clients
Details of Role:
Our Client is a Bath-based magazine publisher, event organiser and creative agency. This is a leadership role for a sales professional working on the Crumbs brand and managing its team.
This will involve the following responsibilities:
• Inspire and lead your sales team by setting an example in all aspects of attitude, professionalism, dedication and work ethic
• To effectively manage your sales team to achieve targets
• Conduct regular 1-2-1’s to review performance of your sales team
• Conduct annual appraisals
• To be aware of current booked position vs targets and year on year for current quarter and beyond
• To have an active strategy to increase yield in line with company policy
• To actively manage the allocation of clients with your sales team to maximise revenues derived from each account
• To report and advise on any opportunities you see to grow revenues beyond current trading
• To play a full role in the management of the sales department including attending and contributing to sales and management meetings
• To help and support other managers where appropriate, particularly in their absence
• To contribute fully to a positive and supportive culture both in sales specifically and the wider company as a whole
• Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls, emails and meetings;
• Adhering to any key performance indicators (KPIs) as agreed with your line manager from time to time. These may include number of outbound calls, time on the phone, client meetings etc
• Cold calling (and arranging meetings where appropriate) with potential customers to prospect for new business
• In all cases, to present our titles to advertisers with passion, dedication and honesty
• To be able to provide a considered and justifiable counter to advertising with our titles over our competitors (and to have a thorough knowledge of their selling points in order to do so)
• Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries, listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
• Gathering market and customer information
• Representing our Client at trade exhibitions, client events and demonstrations
• Negotiating on price with clients within your agreed negotiation boundaries as agreed with your line manager and company yield strategy
• Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
• Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
• Creating well written, concise and compelling proposal documents where applicable
• Accurately recording sales, order information and notes on Filemaker for all client conversations and bookings
• Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
• Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements.
• Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 21 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.